Re: Intent to package: debian-keyring

On 20 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	Well, to take a different tack, what is the point of a policy
>  document at all when anyone can say "well, my package is an
>  exception and need not comply to policy."?  If one may take that
>  stance, I see no point in having a policy document in the first
>  place.

To take the same tack, what is the point of a policy document that is so
rigid that noone can say "My package needs an exception to this policy."?
If one may take this stance, I see no point in trying to build a
distribution in the first place.

> 	manoj
>  Why have the rules in the first place? (As usual, my random sig
>  generator has come up with something apropos; though I disagree with
>  it)
> --
>  Sometime, you've gotta break the rules.

This is the clearest statement defining our differences on this issue. I,
of course, agree with the above statement ;-)

Luck,

Dwarf