Re: binary-CD exceeds 650 MB -- any solution?

On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 at 12:01:32AM -0700, Guy Maor wrote:

> The sizes are:
> 62997   contrib/binary-i386
> 326744  main/binary-i386
> 65237   non-free/binary-i386
> 31849   main/disks-i386
> 86526   contrib/source
> 690239  main/source
> 148075  non-free/source
>
> Since the official CD doesn't include non-free, there won't be a
> problem for this release.  All the binaries and some of the source go
> on one CD, and the rest of the source on the other.  The total (w/o
> non-free) is 1198355, so we still fit in 2.

Don't forget:

222758  hamm/binary-all
14893   contrib/binary-all
52066   non-free/binary-all

And:

31849   hamm/disks-i386

If we include just the binaries from main and contrib, along with the
disks-i386 directory, we seem to get 659241 kbytes.  I can never quite
remember whether a CD contains 640 or 650 million bytes or megabytes, but
this is TIGHT on space.  Shoving disks-i386 off to a different CD is
probably sufficient to clear it up, though.

Have fun,

Avery