Re: on forming a new Linux Distribution

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Stephen Carpenter wrote:

> I dunno...I think ee and ae are both pretty damned easy and mindless :)(ae is
> sooo mindless I have noticed it is putting CR in my text documents)

As it turns out the DOS CR is coming from slang and is being worked on.
Ae's .rc files are currently broken as well, from the transition to slang.
Most of the details have been worked out, although I am still looking for
a reasonable way to deside whether ae is running in an xterm or the
console. (trolling for ideas on this one at every opportunity ;-)

Look for a much cleaner operation of ae in the next release...the vi stuff
is even working again!

I have gotten a lot of good help on this problem, and I want to take the
time here to thank everone who contributed info and fixes. If I haven't
thanked you in person, it is only because I am moving too fast and you
fell through the cracks.

Many thanks,

Dwarf