Re: X and Window Mangers

   Branden Robinson writes:
    > The long-term plan is:
    >
    > 1) ship an empty /etc/X11/window-managers with xbase
    > 2) mark it as a conffile
    > 3) separate twm into its own package
    > 4) write /usr/sbin/register-window-manager

   I don't think shipping an empty file, and marking it as a conffile,
   would be interesting.  If this file is going to be modified only by
   the registering interface, then this should not be necessary.

You also don't want to do this because dpkg will offer to replace your
populated /etc/X11/window-managers with an empty one, which would be a
Bad Thing (tm).