Rescue disk crashes with mem=128M or mem=32M or mem=64M

Hi,

The April 11th boot disk crashes when I enter the kernel command line
option "mem=128M" (I also tried mem=32M and mem=64M -- all crashed in the
same way (see below)).

This system has 128M of RAM, but the BIOS only reports 16M to Linux.
When I try to correction this on the boot disk command-line, I get the
following crash:
linux mem=128M           (manually entered at boot disk prompt)
Decompressing Linux...   (exactly 3 dots)

crc error

-- System halted

Using the March boot disks this procedure works (boy am I glad I kept a
copy of those March boot disks!!!).

And using lilo (with the same kernel as is on the boot disk), the mem=128M
line works (I even built a kernel and ran lots of memtests to verify that
the memory works fine.  It does.)

Conclusion: the April boot disks are broken wrt the mem kernel command line
option.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Internet21 Network Engineering
cjf@i21.com                      |  Design Science Revolutionary