Re: Test Report (was: Re: boot-floppies_2.0.4 (source i386) uploaded)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Test Report (was: Re: boot-floppies_2.0.4 (source i386) uploaded)
- From: Rainer Clasen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 23:18:31 +0200
- Message-id: <19980416231831.36104@sick>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <19980414115918.49706@molec3>; from Enrique Zanardi on Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 11:59:18AM +0100
- References: <19980413051654.43966@flora> <19980414115918.49706@molec3>
Enrique Zanardi (firstname.lastname@example.org):
> On Mon, Apr 13, 1998 at 05:16:54AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > >2) irritating: When installing from a (not yet mounted) hard disk partition
> > > and entering the path to the main distribution, the following
> > > message appeared:
> > > " /usr/lib/dpk//methods/disk/setup: line 8: 200 Broken Pipe
> > > find "$mountpoint$2" -follow -name '*.deb' -print 2> /dev/null
> > > 201 Done | head -1
> > > 201 Done | grep . > /dev/null"
> > > But all worked fine.
This occurs, because 'head' simply closes it's input pipe.
It can be suppressed by putting find in a subshell, which's stderr >/dev/null.
This workaoround is also included in my patch in bugreport #21000 - I hope
it becomes applied :-)
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB 78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org