Re: packages which are links to bo

Tim Bell <bhat@cs.mu.OZ.AU> writes:

> I put a copy of the local debian mirror on a couple of CDs to install
> for a friend, and I had problems with the following packages, because
> they were links into bo, which I hadn't included on the CD.  I don't
> know if this is a problem or not, but it certainly caught me out.

This is expected.  All the distributions are symlinked together at the
start, and then as new packages are added to the newer distribution,
the symlinks are replaced by the newer files.  To avoid this problem,
you need to either use mirror's "flags_recursive+L" option, or run a
command to "flatten" the symlinks.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>