Re: Free-World maintainer for xpdf ?

  Dirk> Would anyone want to take xpdf from me and make a free-world release?
  Dirk> And maybe even take over the package?
  Dirk>
  Dirk> As a Canadian resident, I don't think I can deal with the encryption
  Dirk> code (as I understand it, the US laws for encryption technology make
  Dirk> no difference between US and Canadian residents).

  Herbert> Are you sure this is really necessary? It's only decryption...

Point taken. But if in doubt, I tend to agree with upstream authors. And
Derek has been bugged by the 'can't read encrypted pdf' issue for years. I
will not second-guess him.

Which is to say: if someone wants a 'xpdf-i' package, be my guest. I'll
continue to maintain the 'standard' one if nobody steps up.

--
mailto:edd@debian.org              According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.