Re: Are we shipping 2.0 with ipmasq in the default kernel?

> Just wondering -- are we going to be shipping Debian 2.0 with IP
> masquerading enabled by default in the kernel? I ask because
> we have that nice /etc/init.d/ script that's setting up IP
> masquerading policies..

Hi.

Well, script is sure nice, but when I installed the whole distribution from
scratch yesterday, it was some pain: I requested ipmasq package to be
installed (among other 800 or so things :) and when it asked me how to
configure itself, I had no idea how to answer the questions it asked - like
the IP of external interface- how do I know, it is a ppp dialup! So, I left
the answers blank. As a result, after reboot my system had ALL the networking
forbidden. Purging the package helped, but I had to spend quite a few minutes
figuring out what's going on.

Alex Y.
--
   _