Re: Are we shipping 2.0 with ipmasq in the default kernel?

    Hamish> On Mon, Apr 13, 1998 at 09:04:28PM -0800, Ben Gertzfield
    Hamish> wrote:
    >> Just wondering -- are we going to be shipping Debian 2.0 with
    >> IP masquerading enabled by default in the kernel? I ask because
    >> we have that nice /etc/init.d/ script that's setting up IP
    >> masquerading policies..

    Hamish> Do we? Which script is that? Netbase has some ipfwadm
    Hamish> entries but none of those seem to be for masquerading on
    Hamish> my system.

Wow, I'm a dope, I didn't even read through the script.

Well, *can* we do this? :) Red Hat has IP masquerading in their kernel
by default, and I know that a MAJOR reason lots of people use
Linux in their homes is as a dial-in/masquerading server.

I think we can safely make this a goal for 2.1 if we haven't already.

--
Brought to you by the letters R and K and the number 7.
"Oh, all right, Uncle Ulty REALLY wants you to do his portrait." -- FF6