Re: I plan to remove fdisk from the next util-linux

Bob Hilliard wrote
> Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:
> > All the replies I've read so far said fdisk was a better program than
> > cfdisk, they don't say nothing about the main advantage of cfdisk over
> > fdisk, it's easy-to-use UI.
>
>      Obviously, people's preferences vary widely.  One big reason (in
> addition to performance) I favor fdisk over cfdisk is the interface.
> I find cfdisk very non-intuitive and hard to use, while I find fdisk
> to be very comfortable to use.
Just remember he is talking about the installation disks. If you know how to
use fdisk, you know enough to go into the second console and use whatever is
there. Otherwise, a simple straightforward interface is important. Nobody is
talking about not having a more sophisticated interface accesible.

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76