Re: Hamm frozen, Slink created

> What keeps mirror from recognizing the hardness of the link and
> reproducing the hard link in the local directory? I'm not suggesting
> that mirror is currently capable of this, just trying to figure out
> why it couldn't be.

For a symlink, you can easily see which file it points to (with
readlink()). But hard links are rather different: they represent
different names for the same file entity, which are all equal. And you
can't easily find out the other names for a given file. For this you
have to search for the same inode number on the device where the file
is on, which (in worst case) involves looking at all files on the
filesystem.

Roman