Re: teTeX non-Free

Olaf Weber writes ("Re: teTeX non-Free"):
>Also multicol.sty (in texmf/tex/latex/tools).  We (that is, Thomas
>Esser and the other people working on teTeX) need a volunteer to sort
>these issues out, so that the non-free tree can separated out.
>
>As you point out, a fair number of packages require distribution of
>their source files (.dtx and .ins), which is easy to do.  A complete
>list of those would also be welcome.

Well, I'll step up to the plate on this one.  I'm about halfway
through identifying the copyright and license of each package and font
included in teTeX (Steve Dunham, dunham@cps.msu.edu, has already done
this for the programs in teTeX), and when I finish this (tomorrow
probably) I will sort them into "DSFG-compliant", "DFSG-non-compliant",
and "questionable", and also note particular distribution restrictions
like requiring source packages, renaming, or whatever.

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept