Re: Taking up packaging xdir

(Alex Yukhimets) wrote:
> > I have compiled it with lesstif (gcc spit out many warnings but compiled).
> > It seems to work OK.
> If that's true, I guess you should just go ahead and package it for non-free.
> I would suggest some thorough testing before. I have a feeling that it
> might segfault in some very unexpected places.

It runs pretty decently.  But I do see occasional Motif warnings on the
command line (when, of course, xdir is invoked from the command line).  In
the past 3 days it has seg faulted once.

> Having -?motif packages would be a nice thing though...

I do have (not installed) RH motif 2.1  Maybe I should install it (after
removing lesstif) and compile xdir-smotif.

Thaths
--
                The truth is not out there
                The truth is not out there