Re: ppp and new users (was: Re: Tecnology and marketing)

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> Ok, as long as you promise it won't get me in trouble :)  I will eventually
> have to figure out what to do for users who have multiple providers and
> want to use different nameservers for each.  For now, though, I'll just
> try to get them on the air.

     One solution is to just list the nameserver(s) from the primary
ISP in resolv.conf.  Nameservers are, AFAIK, open to the net.  Some
years ago I suspected that my ISP here in Florida had unreliable
nameservers, so at my son's suggestion I added a nameserver from the
University of Virginia to my/etc/resolv.conf.  This is not a clean
solution, and the ISP might not appreciate additional traffic on his
nameserver.  On the other hand, if the traffic isn't heavy it probably
wouldn't make any difference.

--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>