Re: ppp and new users (was: Re: Tecnology and marketing)

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:
> Robert D. Hilliard writes:
> > IIRC during the net configuration phase of the installation
> > /etc/resolv.conf is setup with the nameserver addresses.
>
> That's smailconfig.  What if the user has not installed smail?

     I don't believe smailconfig asks about nameservers or touches
/etc/resolv.conf.  I recall the question about nameservers being part
of the base installation in the section on network configuration.  If
the wording of that section could be changed to advise anyone who uses
a dialup connection to his ISP to answer yes to the question about
being connected to a network, you wouldn't have to fool with it.  I
think that would be the best solution.
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>