Re: XFree86 3.3.2

Branden Robinson <branden@purdue.edu> writes:

> I do not presently intend to incorporate the SuSE X servers into
> Debian; I don't know their licensing, I don't know that they've been
> caught up to 3.3.2 yet, and I've heard rumors that some of them are
> superseded by this release of X anyway.  Should the SuSE servers
> continue to be valuable to enough people, however, I have no
> objection to working with people who'd like to package them
> separately.

They seem to be incorporated in 3.3.2, here's from
http://www.xfree86.org/:

# XSuSE
#
# [March 1998]
#
#
# S.u.S.E. GmbH, one of the major supporters of XFree86, has started
# to release a small series of their own X servers. These servers are
# based on XFree86 code and released with permission of The XFree86
# Project, Inc. All work related to these servers is contributed back
# to XFree86, these servers will be included in XFree86's next public
# release.
#
# This is what happened in XFree86-3.3.2 with all XSuSE servers except
# for XSuSE_Elsa_GLoria. The reasons for not including
# XSuSE_Elsa_GLoria were purely legal ones and outside the control of
# S.u.S.E. GmbH or The XFree86 Project, Inc.
#
# Currently XSuSE_Elsa_GLoria is available for some cards from Elsa
# (Elsa GLoria L, GLoria L/MX, GLoria S, GLoria Synergy, Winner
# Office/2000; similar cards from other vendors (like Diamonds Fire GL
# 1000, GL 1000 PRO, and 3000; many other Permedia 2 based cards)
# should work with this server as well).
#
# Check the XSuSE webpage for more details about these servers. Please
# contact SuSE's XSuSE support address with all comments, questions,
# or reports regarding these servers.

--
 SSM - Stig Sandbeck Mathisen
  Trust the Computer, the Computer is your Friend