Re: deity problem

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to have a closer look at deity, but:
> >
> > deity: error in loading shared libraries
> > : undefined symbol: _t12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_traits1Zc.nilRep
>
> That symbol is in libstdc++, perhaps you have an incompatible version? The
> unmangled name is basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char> >::nilRep
> which is a static instance of the Rep class and should be stored in the
> library.

> Installed-Size: 299
> Maintainer: Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>
> Source: egcs
> Version: 1.0.1-0.2
> Depends: libc6
>
> That is what I have installed but I don't know what scott uses to make the
> .deb's with. It would suck if you just found a binary incompatibility
> between various libstdc's...

He's using the libstdc++ that was uploaded with the egcc/g++ packages
intended for hamm.  They are indeed binary-incompatible, but the new ones
are correct, we were warned that it would change.  Since deity is about
the only package that uses the older lib, it isn't that big a deal.  I've
migrated to the newer lib, and will upload a new package as soon as I can
get the source to compile again.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/