Re: deity problem

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> I just wanted to have a closer look at deity, but:
>
> deity: error in loading shared libraries
> : undefined symbol: _t12basic_string2ZcZt18string_char_traits1Zc.nilRep

That symbol is in libstdc++, perhaps you have an incompatible version? The
unmangled name is basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char> >::nilRep
which is a static instance of the Rep class and should be stored in the
library.

Installed-Size: 299
Maintainer: Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>
Source: egcs
Version: 1.0.1-0.2
Depends: libc6

That is what I have installed but I don't know what scott uses to make the
.deb's with. It would suck if you just found a binary incompatibility
between various libstdc's...

BTW, the gui is hard to get working, you need to do something like,
   dpkg-get update
   cd /tmp
   ln -s /var/cache/deity/pkgcache.bin cache
   deity

That will change once the gui is synced with the new dpkg-get code..

Jason