Re: Fwd: HAMM FREEZE (removed packages)

Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
: I haven't yet checked the following packages:
:
: 	gom-x gopher-client groupkit gstep-base0 gzilla hylafax-server
: 	ifgate ilu-examples iproute ivtools-dev java-cup javalex
: 	jdk1.1-runtime journal kde* kmodplayer ksmbfs lapack-dev
                                           ^^^^^^

ksmbfs was superceded by smbfs. I filed a bug against ftp.debian.org
to get it removed and Brian removed this package because of the
severity of the bug.

This package must not even exist in project/orphaned (or the place
where all the removed packages went to). ksmbfs must exist only in Bo
and previous Debian versions.

By the way, this seems to be causing problems: what's the correct
procedure to get a package removed from the distribution when it is
replaced by another one?

Thanks,

E.-

--