Re: Are we in this for ourselves?

bruce@va.debian.org writes:

> I understand your concern. I've been watching the Debian development
> for about as long as anyone. We've gone from being the leaders to
> being a little hobby distribution, there's one Debian system for
> every 100 Red Hat systems now.

And what's the Debian/Windows ratio?  This is a complete straw man.
We do what we do because we think we're doing it better.  If I thought
that RedHat was doing a better job for the right reasons, I'd use it
too.

However, given what you've stated as your most important goals, I
agree that RedHat might be your best option.  You've done great work
for Debian, but it sounds like you're ready to move on...

> It's for this reason that I've just resigned as president of SPI. I
> want no part of this rat pack any longer. I'm going to become a Red
> Hat user.

Thanks Bruce.  Though I couldn't care less what you call me, many here
don't deserve this.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>