Re: Are we in this for ourselves?

In article <[🔎] 199803172148.PAA04169@bofh.me.umn.edu>,
Richard Kaszeta <kaszeta@me.umn.edu> wrote:
> For example, the design of Debian Linux for multi-user, 24/7 use
> integrated with multiple other *nix platforms in an NIS environment is
> greatly superior to any other Linux out there (for the similar
> environment, I have tried, tested, and rejected Redhat 5.0, SuSe, and
> others because they are plainly a b*tch to install and maintain in
> this environment).  The fact that Debian does that and still provides
> a good traditional Linux "run it at home, mostly single user" type
> system is commendable.

This is well stated.

I want more people to use Debian, because Debian is a solid platform.
If I host a web server or a mirror or maintain a package, that makes
Debian incrementally more attractive to everyone else -- and more
Debian users means less work for me.
--
Shields, CrossLink.
[a 100% Debian ISP]