Re: Vmail [was: Re: Doublestandards: KDE bad, qmail good?]

On Tuesday, March 17 1998, at 13:47:31, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
:
: 	I must say I like the design of vmailer, and the fact that
:  it works as root only for listening at the port and for delivering
:  local mail; the other modules run as unpriviledged users.

Qmail does exactly that, too. And qmail exists now, vmailer is
still a project.

: 	This may well be the MTA that makes me switch from sendmail

Maybe vmailer will be more sendmail-compatible than qmail, but
don't forget that qmail can be run in the same way than sendmail
(delivering local mail in /var/spool/mail, using NIS, reading
.forward's...). That is descouraged by qmail-xx/INSTALL*, but not
forbidden or impossible.

Well, this is getting a xxx vs qmail war... why don't we stop or move
to other mta-specific list? ;-)

Regards,
--
Roberto Lumbreras