Re: Qmail on lists.debian.org is costing me real money

tv@debian.org (Tommi Virtanen)  wrote on 16.03.98 in <[🔎] 19980316184047.64015@hq>:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 1998 at 03:06:25PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > The fact that lists.debian.org runs qmail is costing me real money:
> [the usual multi-rcpt thing..]
>
> 	Beware, for thou art entering a truly sacred area of mail transportation.
>
> 	Qmail is a splendid mailing list handler, just for those things.
> 	SMTP does not support multiple MAIL FROMs per message, which is

Multiple MAIL FROM per message? Is this the SMTP variant of the COME FROM
statemnent?

> 	required for qmails VERPs, which in turn reduce the workload on the
> 	list administrator. And DJB, author of qmail, has made convincing
> 	arguments about bandwidth usage of several mailers.

DJB has made convincing arguments? That's a good one.

Oh, once in a while even he'll say something that's correct. But
convincing?

> 	What you want is UUCP. It was designed for small pipes. SMTP, then
> 	again, was not designed (IMHO sic).

Oh, I get it. You're trolling.

MfG Kai