Re: Uploaded type1inst 0.6-1 (source all) to master

Yann Dirson <ydirson@a2points.com> writes:

> Jim Pick writes:
>  > Source: type1inst
>  >  type1inst  - Install Adobe Type 1 fonts into X11 and Ghostscript
>
> Ah.  Though it was a missing feature, it's too bad that it seems we
> now have 2 projects: dtm in experimental, and type1inst in unstable.
>
> It seems even less desirable to me, as, from its name, I guess
> type1inst only handles type1 fonts, and dtm is aimed at all possible
> font types.

I wasn't aware that dtm even existed!  I must have skipped the
discussion/announcement.

I'm relatively unaware of stuff in experimental, because there is no
Packages file.  Why do we have so much stuff in there?  Stuff in
experimental isn't really part of our release anyways.

FWIW, type1inst is a useful utility for system administrators to
manually install fonts, whereas dtm seems to be a fuller, more
automated solution oriented towards package maintainers.  So I don't
think there is too much overlap, really.

Cheers,

 - Jim