Re: dselect broken on fresh hamm install?

Hello...

I also found the following problems:

1) dinstall said I hadn't any harddisk, but there were one scsi
disk; it hadn't any partition table, it was just low-level
formatted. I ran fdisk (and partitioned the disk) manually on tty2,
and then dinstall found the disk and suggested mkswapping... :-??

2) after configuring the network (including dns server) dns doesn't
work: when installing the base system with nfs, mount needs an IP
address and not a name (can't get address for xxx)

3) Lilo configuration, as usual, only installs an entry for linux,
and doesn't asks for any other (argh, Slackware was better that
this!)

4) The system can't boot from hard disk, liloconfig doesn't
installs mbr at all, or fails to do properly. Running liloconfig
manually doesn't help, I had to run "dd if=/boot/mbr.b of=/dev/sda
bs=444c" to get LILO working.

5) ae2vi.rc is still broken (I submitted a patch fixing this); it's
really annoying when you run "vi" in single user mode to fix
something and you have to press RESET because you can't exit from
ae (you can't save either)

Regards,
--
Roberto Lumbreras