Re: debian-emacs-policy

     Which is right, debian-flavor or debian-emacs-flavor?

debian-emacs-flavor, IIRC.

   * As flavar, xemacs20, emacs19, emacs20 is shown in debian-emacs-policy.
     What about Mule extension XEmacs20, which may support canna, wnn or
     both canna and wnn.  Should these use different flaver, like
     xemacs20-{canna,wnn,canna-wnn} or simply use xemasc20 for all these
     variants?
     (Emacs20, also, would have variants supporting canna, wnn, or both canna
      and wnn.)

The purpose of flavors is to distinguish versions of Emacs where
packages have to be separately compiled in order to access special
features or even just to run correctly.

Therefore, if these flavors need packages to be recompiled, then they
should be xemacs20-{canna,wnn,canna-wnn}; otherwise, just xemacs20.

     I think it is better that debian-run-direcotires add
     /usr/share/<emacs>/site-lisp/<package-name>/ to load-path
     if /etc/<emacs>/site-start.d/NN<package-name>.el{,c} successfully loaded
      and /usr/share/<emacs>/site-lisp/<package-name>/ exists and is directory.

I agree.  This would, in some cases, simplify creating emacs add-on
packages quite a bit.