debian-emacs-policy

Hello, I'm a member of Debian JP Project.

I have some question about debian-emacs-policy.

* debian-emacs-policy in emacsen-common says:
  2) Flavor indication
     For example, the emacs20 package would do this in startup.el:
	(setq debian-flavor 'emacs20).

  Howeve, emacs20_20.3 set in /usr/share/emacs/20.2/lisp/startup.el
	(defconst debian-emacs-flavor 'emacs20
	"A symbol representing the particular debian flavor of emacs running.
	Something like 'emacs20, 'xemacs20, etc.")

  Which is right, debian-flavor or debian-emacs-flavor?

* As flavar, xemacs20, emacs19, emacs20 is shown in debian-emacs-policy.
  What about Mule extension XEmacs20, which may support canna, wnn or
  both canna and wnn.  Should these use different flaver, like
  xemacs20-{canna,wnn,canna-wnn} or simply use xemasc20 for all these
  variants?
  (Emacs20, also, would have variants supporting canna, wnn, or both canna
   and wnn.)

* debian-emacs-policy ensure that:
  5) Emacs add-on package support
   C) Each add-on package has the right to place files into the
     following directories:
       /etc/<emacs>/site-start.d
       /usr/share/<emacs>/site-lisp/<package-name>

  So, we can expect /usr/share/<emacs>/site-lisp/<package-name>
  would be set by debian-run-direcotires. But, it does not set
  the path to load-path, and if we add to load-path in
  /etc/<emacs>/site-start.d/NN<package-name>.el, it would no effect
  because debian-run-directories reset the load-path after load its
  emacs-lisp file.  What should we do to add package specific load-path?

  I think it is better that debian-run-direcotires add
  /usr/share/<emacs>/site-lisp/<package-name>/ to load-path
  if /etc/<emacs>/site-start.d/NN<package-name>.el{,c} successfully loaded
   and /usr/share/<emacs>/site-lisp/<package-name>/ exists and is directory.

--
Fumitoshi UKAI / Debian JP Project