Re: laggy lintian

On 11 Mar 1998, James Troup wrote:

> > > ftp.de.debian.org sucks IME, is there not a better German mirror?
> >
> > Fine to hear this. What about more specific complaints? Preferably
> > on things that the mirror maintainer could influence?
>
> Sorry, that was (more than) a bit harsh, I've actually just checked
> ftp.de.debian.org and found it's not as bad as I thought,
[snip]

Actually, I tried a few mirrors in Germany and just switched over from
ftp.inka.de to ftp.de.debian.org which seems to be much better reachable
for me. (Of course, that depends on the network route.) I think
ftp.de.debian.org is fine.

BTW, Jason just told me that VA is the right machine for running Lintian.
I'll install it there this weekend and make it check all new uploads on a
daily basis. I plan to move the lintian web reports to this machine too,
so that they get updated more often (and automatically).

(Since master already has a very high load, this might even be intresting
after lintian runs via dinstall on master!)

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian has a logo!    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Check out the logo     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
pages at  http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/