Re: emacsen-common and lisp packages

Hi,
>>"Adam" == Adam P Harris <apharris@onshore.com> writes:

Adam> There are a number of elisp packages which have not yet been
Adam> moved to the new emacsen-common scheme.  Some of these I really
Adam> need, such as pcl-cvs (well there's also a cvs-pcl).

	Yes, and my packages (vm, psgml, and vm-el) are all guilty of
 that. But it is not really that we are slothful (or, at least, that
 is not the whole reason).

Adam> Is there a lintian check to see whether a package depends on
Adam> 'emacs' rather than 'emacsen' and consider that an error
Adam> condition?  Or could someone (Jason?) just get a list of things
Adam> that depend on emacs and submit bugs (or email me and I'll make
Adam> sure we got important bugs against those).

	Well, until there is an emacs19, there shall be no movement on
 my packages. If that means we drop them, then so be
 it. Please. Prople, feel free to make non-maintainer uploads of my
 packages; I shall pick them up again as soon as I have an working
 emacs 19.34 package with the new scheme in place.

	manoj
 ps: this is not meant to be a slam for the emacs maintainer, who also
 has X and is quite busy other wise. This is just an expression of my
 inablility to move to emacs20 (anyone willing to port 10M of personal
 elisp to emacs20 shall be welcomed with open arms, and a week of
 pizza dinners. One of these free weekends ...)
--
 A bhikkhu taking pleasure in being attentive, and recognising the
 danger of carelessness, makes progress like a forest fire, consuming