Re: HAMM FREEZE IS ONE WEEK AWAY

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Brian White wrote:

> I don't mind letting packages that already exist for one architecture
> being admitted into another architecture if it was automatically
> compiled.  Since it was obviously approved for one, there is no reason
> why it shouldn't be approved for another.

Well, in most cases, I'll be compiling these by hand, so in the strict
sense, "automatically compiled" will not be true.  The packages will,
however, hold the same version numbering and such as the x86 packages for
the most part (unless I need to patch it...even then, I usually keep the
versioning the same and just send the patch to the bug tracking system).

> I think we can swing 2-3 weeks for these such uploads.

Sounds good.  I'd say we could probably catch up ALOT in that amount of
time.  What percentage of the x86 packages need to be ported (in your
opinion) for us to be "ready" on the Alpha?  Just curious....