Need some administrative assistance.

When I took over the glibc package, the first thing I did was get a list
of the current bug reports against the package. I started with the oldest
and took the first 30 off the list. I sent e-mail to the reporters asking
if the bug was still there. This got rid of over half of them, and got
good indications of what was needed for the others. A hearty "Thanks You!"
to all who replied!

The problem is that while I was clearing those 15 bug reports, some 20 new
reports had been issued. While I could work harder at clearing bug
reports, I can only do so at the expense of some other task, I am so
overbooked with work at the moment (what's new). This leaves me with the
option of either working on bug reports, or working on the packages. I now
understand why David never got around to closing bugs he had fixed. My
focus tends to be the package and not the bug reports as well.

I have taken to keeping a list of bug numbers that I have dealt with, and,
once in a while, when the list gets long, submit an e-mail to
control@bugs.debian.org. As a result of the fairly "unfriendly" message
from control to the bug submitter I got some complaintes about my
technique. Maybe not to surprisingly, I have stopped thinking about bug
reports, which isn't a good thing.

What I am looking for is an administrative assistant. Someone who could
work on the bug reports, contact respondends, and generaly "manage" the
bug reports in such a way that the result is a list of bugs in priority
order that I can then whittle away at. I would still be willing to close
bugs (I don't really have a problem with the administrator closing them,
but others might) and would need periodic lists of numbers to close.

Primarily, I am looking for someone with some time on their hands. I know
that none of us have any, but please search your private stash and see if
there is room for this.

Secondarily, I would like someone with an interest in the package, but not
necessarily any skills or understanding (please! I'm not excluding folks
with complete understanding, I just don't wish to exclude everyone else
from consideration either). An ability to communicate via e-mail is
essential, as well as a willingness to do repetative, unrewarding work ;-)

It was suggested to me in private communications that my needs fall
within the issue of multiple maintainers for packages. I'm not sure that's
what I'm looking for, although I would certainly wish that the person
taking on this task get many awards and plaudits in return for their
efforts.

While I am willing to have this turn into a discussion of multi-maintainer
packages and their management, I am more interested in finding that person
who can give me a hand with this problem.

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_   Author of "The Debian Linux User's Guide"   _-_-_-_-_-_-