Re: What to do about checksecurity

Hubert Weikert <weikert@muninn.cube.net> wrote:
> Hmm. I see similarities with both of them. Checksecurity checks for
> changes to setuid programs, suidmanager manages suid programs. You
> could compare checksecurity generated lists with the suidmanager
> database. Or does I miss something?

Hm... I guess they both need to scan file systems, and there's
a need to make that efficient.

Maybe it would be worthwhile to construct a general framework
for extracting file names from a system-wide find, and pipe
these into program-specific evaluation/report facilities?

I'm assuming that file name plus file stat info should be
sufficient to filter on?

--
Raul