Re: twin willows libs still not glibc

On Sun, Mar 08, 1998 at 01:45:33PM -0800, David Welton wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 08, 1998 at 10:33:28PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Just to let you know: twin windows emulator (www.willows.com) still fails to
> > compile under glibc. They have problems with dlopen.
> >
> > I was a little disappointed after downloading and making space to compile
> > the beast ;)
> >
> > It doesn't seem as it would make its way into 2.0
>
> Is this thing cool enough that we would be willing to put a libc5
> version in 2.0?  Looks like some other packages may end up not making
> the switch, because they have bugs and are not maintained.

It is platform independent (means it does not only run on intel platforms),
and it seems to support a lot of stuff. But I never tested it, because I had
libc6 before I was aware of the project.

Maybe the fix isn't too hard, but what do I know about this ;)

> Seems to me that it might not be a bad thing to compromise on for the
> sake of our users.  It is, after all, open source software:-)

Yep.

> If it builds ok under libc5, I could hammer out a copy (hopefully
> useing someone's earlier efforts) on my work machine (from whence all
> the bo-unstable stuff hath sprung).

Somebody already tried its luck (check the web archive, TWIN in the title).

It should run fine under libc5.

Marcus