Re: autoup.sh

Henry Hollenberg <speed@barney.iamerica.net> writes:
> This is a little confusing....there is a html set of directions and a
> shell script I've read thru and taken notes on.  But there are areas where
> the two overlap or conflict which aren't specified in the web page or the
> notes in the shell script....
>
> AFAICT you:
>
> download the latest libc5 and altgcc
> run the script
> purge -dev
> get e2fsprogs_1.10-7
> reinstall man-db
> upgrade to the rest of your hamm packages with dselect
> get an old libc5 from ftp.gate.net?
>

> OR does the script "do it all"
>

> OR do i need to get all these first as well as latest libc5:
>
>      ldso, libc5, libc6, timezones, locales, ncurses3.0, ncurses3.4,
>      libreadline2, libreadlineg2, bash, libg++272, dpkg, dpkg-dev,
>      dpkg-ftp, dpkg-mountable, libgdbm1, libgdbmg1, perl-base, and perl.
>
>      then do the script?

     The latest edition of the Mini-HOW-TO was released in November.
The autoup.sh script was written to automate the process described in
the Mini-HOW-TO, plus remove some additional packages that were found
since November to be a problem, and to provide a version of libc5 that
wasn't available in November.

     You can either run the script or follow the Mini-How_To, but not
both.  I recommend using the script, which does it all.  Of course,
you have to get the packages listed in the script from a hamm mirror.
Until the next version of the script is released, the ftp option will
_not_ get the hamm version of libc5.  This must be obtained by ftp or
otherwise and placed in the same directory the ftp option uses.  You
should get this package before running the script.

--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>