Re: autoup.sh

>      The latest edition of the Mini-HOW-TO was released in November.
> The autoup.sh script was written to automate the process described in
> the Mini-HOW-TO, plus remove some additional packages that were found
> since November to be a problem, and to provide a version of libc5 that
> wasn't available in November.
>
>      You can either run the script or follow the Mini-How_To, but not
> both.  I recommend using the script, which does it all.  Of course,
> you have to get the packages listed in the script from a hamm mirror.
> Until the next version of the script is released, the ftp option will
> _not_ get the hamm version of libc5.  This must be obtained by ftp or
> otherwise and placed in the same directory the ftp option uses.  You
> should get this package before running the script.

So the script does all the odd jobs I mentioned...purging your dev
packages, getting altgcc etc....?

If so,

get latest hammified libc5 and put it in /tmp.
get latest autoup.sh script and put it in /tmp.
su
run autoup.sh script
when the script asks about ftp say yes or "f".
let the script keep doing it's thing

Then I'm done!, _No_ patching up of the system after the script runs?

Thanks,  sorry for belaboring the issue...

Henry Hollenberg     speed@barney.iamerica.net