Re: New gdb-4.16.85 (was: Re: [hirche@informatik.uni-essen.de: Re: 2.2.3 crashes on Linux])

Vincent Renardias wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Mar 1998 jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
>
> I've uploaded a new version in my home directory on master. Please test it
> and tell me how it works. (Will release it in a few days in either
> unstable or experimental depending on the reports ;)
> NB: I'd also appreciate feedback from non-i386 users.

I have just finished building your new gdb on the Alpha and it seemed to
build fine.  Not having any current debugging issues, I haven't
stress-tested it yet, but I'm sure I will soon :)

Also, fyi, the /usr/include/sys/procps.h on the Alpha SEEMS fine and
built ok with the stock one.  I don't know what issues there were that
would warrant a replacement version of that file, but if there's
something major, please let me know and I can test those conditions
out.  Oh, also, I did initially replace that file with the one in the
debian/ dir and it bombed during compilation due to conflicting
definitions.

If anyone wants to beat on the new gdb on the Alpha, you can find it on
my ftp site:
	beezer.med.miami.edu:/pub/chris/gdb-new-TESTME

Chris