Re: why ddd-?motif are gone from archive?

On Thu, Mar 05, 1998 at 08:42:00PM +0100, Marco Budde wrote:
> Am 05.03.98 schrieb sr1 # os.inf.tu-dresden.de ...
>
> Moin Sven!
>
> SR> For -smotif: Whenever a program works sufficiently well with lesstif
> SR> we don't need the -smotif version anymore.
>
> How can you test that? I think that the user should decide with version he
> wants.
[...]
> SR> shared library. IMHO its up to the package maintainer whether he
> SR> creates the -dmotif package.
>
> No!!! If the maintainer doesn#t own a Motif license he can#t maintain the
> package.

How odd! I thought that providing a (working) lesstif version of a
package was better for our users than not providing any version at all.

> I (and a lot of users) don#t have a problem to use commercial programs.

It's ok, but I don't see why you are telling me I can't provide a lesstif
version of a program, if I don't provide Motif ones as well. It' sounds
as if you have problems with _non-commercial_ programs.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna