Re^2: why ddd-?motif are gone from archive?

Am 05.03.98 schrieb sr1 # os.inf.tu-dresden.de ...

Moin Sven!

SR> For -smotif: Whenever a program works sufficiently well with lesstif
SR> we don't need the -smotif version anymore.

How can you test that? I think that the user should decide with version he
wants.

SR> For -dmotif: There aren't that many people having a licensed Motif

That#s not true.

SR> shared library. IMHO its up to the package maintainer whether he
SR> creates the -dmotif package.

No!!! If the maintainer doesn#t own a Motif license he can#t maintain the
package.

SR> -dmotif.) That fact that -dmotif is contrary to free software politics
SR> is expressed by placing it into contrib, so we don't need to create
SR> additional punishment.

I (and a lot of users) don#t have a problem to use commercial programs.

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.de           Fido: 2:240/5202.15
Mailbox: mbudde@hqsys.antar.com    http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/