Re: Something is very wrong with this group

	I have refrained from this debate so far, since I do not think
 my input was really required, and, after all, I did not write the
 darn thing.. However, this has been moving in directions I find
 ... distasteful,  and it is being pushed by people who again did not
 write the darned thing.

>>"bruce" == bruce  <bruce@va.debian.org> writes:

>> But if you are going to be picky about user-friendly names, "Trove"
>> isn't it.

bruce> Point conceded. However, in this case I expect most people
bruce> would point-n-click to get to it. Do you know the executable
bruce> names of your Microsoft applications? If so, do you often type
bruce> them??

	So, Trove is going to be a Microsoft product, or run on MS
 platforms? If that is the case, I have no objections to it; it seems
 typical MS'ism.

	If not, I fail to see the relevance of that statement. On my
 UNIX boxes, I do know the names of software I use regularily, and I
 generally do type it manually. I personally do not like the
 connotation I percieve of pirates treasures, and people dying on the
 high seas (murder and rapine are equally as unpleasant as Deities [I
 like Deities -- some more than others, it is true]).

	I do not think it is a wise move to alienate our traditional
 user group in (pardon me) a slavish imitation of techniques
 that has made microsoft what it is.

 who would let Culus decide what to call his baby
 "If projectile vomiting ever becomes an Olympic event, you'll do your
 country proud." Hobson, "Arthur II"