Re: Something is very wrong with this group

bruce@va.debian.org writes:

> Point conceded. However, in this case I expect most people would
> point-n-click to get to it. Do you know the executable names of your
> Microsoft applications? If so, do you often type them??

Bruce you seem to be arguing both sides of the argument.  Either the
names matter to the naive user, in which case we have to pick one that
fits your criterion, or they don't, and we shouldn't get too excited
about the fact that some of them are cryptic.

Personally, I think you're assuming that people here are more
antagonistic to naive users than actually are, and I think that in the
end we can accomodate both.

Naive users, if we're going to eventually have something like a
Win95/MacOS/Whatever optional interface, won't, as you point out, ever
see the command line.  So it doesn't make any difference what
"hackers" name the commands.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>