installing hamm ...

I gave the boot disks for hamm a try on a compaq deskpro 5000 with
an on board AHA-2940.  The only HD is a scsi disk.  When I boot
the rescue disk it starts the normal boot up and then just resets.
I tried F1, and F2-F5 for help, but there was nothing listed for a
2940.  I tried the aic7xxx=no_reset, but that didn't help.  I also
tried giving it other arbitrary driver names (not knowing if they're
actual driver names) but nothing worked.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Richard