Re: Proposal: emacsen and add-on package handling

[...]

Robert> use /usr/bin/$ARGV[0] to get the right binary for
Robert> byte-compilation.

MS> Umm, what is a main package in this context? /usr/bin/vm? That can't
MS> be right. Does this apply to me at all? or you mean xemacs20 should
MS> point to xemacs-20.3?

DGMS> No.  Rob actually means you can use "$ARGV[1]", aka "$1" in shell script,
DGMS> to get the right binary for byte-compilation.

Sorry, I obviously meant "$ARGV[0]", aka "$1" in shell script, aka the
_first argument of the script_: "@ARGV" in Perl contains only the
arguments.

Regards,

--