Re: Itimer (An Emacs Add-On Package)

MS> Hi, The itimer suggestion is ancient. X?Emacs 19.* have better builtin
MS> timers, hence the timer package has been removed from VM upstream.

I skimmed through the code: `itimer' is used if present, but Mailcrypt can
use `timer' as well.  Actually Mailcrypt uses a timer just to deactivate
the PGP Passphrase after a certain user specified amount of time.

MS> You should look and see if mailcrypt actually still calls itimer, and,
MS> in that case, have it switch to the built in timers of Emacs itself.

I guess I can leave upstream thing as they are now, `itimer' being
preferred over `timer' if present, but otherwise ignored.

I'll simply drop `itimer' suggestion in next releases.

Thanks,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti