Re: base package's address

On Fri, Feb 20, 1998 at 11:24:00AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:

> I've received a request for base@packages.debian.org.
>
> I have little problems creating it because
>
>  a) There is no .dsc files that has a line like
>     Binary: base
>     or
>     Source: base
>     included and
>
>  b) There is no base_*.deb

[...]
> The question is, who is responsible for this package and to which
> addresses should base@packages.debian.org bounce the mail?

AFAIK, base*.deb was splitted a long time ago (before "bo"?) in base-files,
base-passwd, ...

Also, some people file bugs in the boot-floppies base system against
Package: base  instead of Package: boot-floppies.

So, I think there shouldn't be a base@packages.debian.org address at
all. Just tell them to use the proper package name.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna