Re: backwards compatibility was Re: Uploaded kernel-package 3.61

On Thu, Feb 19, 1998 at 12:15:01PM +0100, Christian Leutloff wrote:
> srivasta@debian.org writes:
>
> >      Hence, now kernel-source-* packages compiled with this kernel-package
> >      shall not provide any sort of kernel-headers. For the sake of
> >      backwards compatibility, /usr/src/linux-$version symlinks are still
> >      being provided (as people may upload newer kernels while keeping an
> >      older libc6-dev around, which depends on /usr/src/linux-2.0.32.
>
> The symlinks should go *now*

	Agreed.  Manoj, we will break many people's setup if we change
/usr/src/linux*.  It's against policy to use them locally, but many
people don't know it and they will complain.

	We won't need them at all if Dwarf releases the new libc6.

--
Juan Cespedes