backwards compatibility was Re: Uploaded kernel-package 3.61

srivasta@debian.org writes:

>      Hence, now kernel-source-* packages compiled with this kernel-package
>      shall not provide any sort of kernel-headers. For the sake of
>      backwards compatibility, /usr/src/linux-$version symlinks are still
>      being provided (as people may upload newer kernels while keeping an
>      older libc6-dev around, which depends on /usr/src/linux-2.0.32.

The symlinks should go *now* - libc6-dev is only available in unstable
systems, so you would only break compilation on unstable development
machines. But after delivering hamm with the symlink we have to cope
with the possibility of breaking a *stable* system. This is much more
worse.

Bye
  Christian

--