Re: libc6 cutting filenames?

Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

> It's the first time I'm hearing this with Linux/glibc. If either of
> you could come up with a small test program which shows the bug (try
> to figure out what KDE or whatever program shows this behaviour does
> to get the filename and print it), it might be possible to fix
> it. From your description it looks like an off by one error but I
> don't know where.

Quite frankly, I don't know if the problem exists with glibc, I have only
tried libc5 (Debian v1.2.17) some six month ago... I just bought a new
motherboard to my Amiga (burnt my old one one year ago... :), and will
try to install Linux on that ASAP... I'll let you know if the problem
exists with glibc to...

 Turbo  ___________     Debian GNU/Linux   Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^  ___  /___(_)__________  _____  __  selective about who its friends are
  _ /// _  /___  / _  / / / /_/ /__>  <   Turbo Fredriksson Tel: +46-704-697645
  \\\/  /_____/_/  /_/ /_/\__,_/ /_/|_|   S-415 10 Göteborg    turbo@tripnet.se
                  PGP#788CD1A9            SWEDEN         www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
----------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B ------------
--
Kennedy Legion of Doom Ortega $400 million in gold bullion Ft. Bragg
Croatian Nazi NSA Ft. Meade Serbian cryptographic terrorist explosion