Re: Reminder: lyx_0.12.0-0.1_i386.changes was rejected

Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> > And I will never get rid of that addition anymore?
> >
> > Why isn't it possible to install the file by hand this time. After
> > all this is the unstable release.
>
> File a bugreport against ftp.debian.org and tell Guy your problems.

Guy won't care.  It's not possible because if you force a lower/equal
version deb into the archive, dpkg, dselect, deity, dftp, ruari-diff
etc. won't see it as an upgrade and won't inform the user about it.
Just use epoch's, that's exactly what they were designed for.
Anything else is Broken and Wrong (TM).

--
James