Re: Becoming a package maintainer

Buddha Buck writes:
> I would be perfectly willing to take, as valid, a notarized affidavit
> from someone stating "I am XXXXX, my address is YYYYY, the fingerprint of
> my PGP key is ZZ ZZ ZZ..."

Two problems.

1.  The notary does not certify that the statements in the affidavit are
true: just that you (that is, the person who signed it) made them.

2.  Go to a bank and have something notarized.  You'll be lucky if they
so much as glance at your driver's license.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)